Meet the Sci/Math Student Staff: Mallory Smith
So you can get to know all of us at KAMS at little better, we’re posting short 11 question Q&As with questions devised by Jeffrey Stramel, a FHSU student working for us at the Science and Mathematics Education Institute. The ninth of these interviews is with Mallory Smith, a FHSU student working at the Science and Mathematics Education Institute.
1. What is your name?
2. What is your current position/title?
Student Worker (aka First Impression Director)
3. Out of your whole time at Fort Hays, what has been your favorite class and or Instructor?
My favorite class is Band. I really enjoy being able to bond with a different group of students that I have class with.
4. What are some of your favorite hobbies/pastime activities?
I enjoy reading, knitting, and hanging out with my friends.
5. What is your favorite song and artist?
I like most music. My favorite song changes often. Right now I like Shadowfeet by Brooke Frasier.
6. Where did you go to high school?
I went to Hays High School
7. What piece of technology do you think has the most potential to change the future?
I think the computer has a lot of potential for change.
8. What piece of advice would you give the potential KAMS students about coming to Fort Hays?
I would say enjoy your time here. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed. Take time to cut loose, but don’t let your studies suffer.
9. What is your favorite thing about Fort Hays State University and why?
I like FHSU because it provides me a quality education while being small enough to know my professors.
10. Has Hays always been your permanent residence? If not, where have you lived?
I have only lived in Hays.
11. What is your favorite holiday and why?
My favorite holiday is probably Thanksgiving. I really enjoy time I get to spend with my family.